New Zealand Girl and Drum Corps Alumni React to the MANDARINS 2023!!!

On 9/17/2023 at 1:21 PM, keystone3ply said:

I think it would be cool & Dan could interview her on the sideline.  Or maybe she could set up a live cam in a suite?  Wait, never mind.  Copyright issues...

Edit: been clicking on the play arrow for a about a minute until I read the premiere time.  I'm not a smart man... :spitting:

Who is this Dan you're talking about?

You mean, Nate?

36 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Who is this Dan you're talking about?

You mean, Nate?

I think he means Dan "Asterik" Potter. 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, TOC said:

Liked the ones about The Righteous Brothers and Karen Carpenter.

That is two of my faves. The "Unchained Melody" performance by Bobby Hatfield in 1964 on the Andy Williams show is amazing in color video and remastered sound. Karen Carpenter another great one, esp her drumming videos.

Procul Harum with the Danish National Orchestra in 2006 is amazing, especially "A Whiter Shade of Pale". I watch as many reactions as I can to those and a bunch of others. 

Cool to see young folks react to our old music. 

On 9/27/2023 at 5:01 PM, HockeyDad said:

Why is this a thing?  

Nice to see you're consistent....you had much the same reaction to  Courtney  a coupe of years ago.

I mean, God FORBID someone outside our activity watches, appreaciates it, and publicises that fact.

FFS.

20 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

why do kids now watch videos of other kids playing video games?

makes no sense to me but they do

I mean why do people watch football?

Cause it's entertainment I guess (not that I watch video games 😶)

23 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Yes that’s what I’m asking.  I am obviously not the target demographic (too old). For the life of me I can’t understand why I would care about the reaction of some rando I don’t know and never met. Must be popular with those who spend their lives on their phones. I like to go outside. 

Understood and I am certainly not here to harsh anyone's mellow. But isn't this exactly what we want? To bring people who don't have the marching arts experience to a place where they can appreciate what it is that we do (did?) Being a fan shouldn't be an elitist club (and I don't think you're saying it should be.) And although monetizing that may not connect with us, it's also not FOR us. 

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2023 at 9:31 PM, MikeD said:

Reaction videos? If that is what you're asking, they are huge on Youtube. Some reactors have a hundred thousand followers or more.  

Yes that’s what I’m asking.  I am obviously not the target demographic (too old). For the life of me I can’t understand why I would care about the reaction of some rando I don’t know and never met. Must be popular with those who spend their lives on their phones. I like to go outside. 

I follow a few of them.  Thank you for making me feel young for a few moments, albeit in a backhanded manner.  😎

• Like 2

I know a couple that attended DCI Finals for the first time ever in 2022, and went back to Indy for finals last month. They also attended several shows in their home state of Texas in 2022 and 2023. 

How did they learn about DCI.......... watching Courtney's drum corps reaction videos while cooped up in their house during the pandemic. 

Before that, they never even knew drum corps existed. But they were a huge follower of Courtney. So when she started reacting to drum corps, it peaked their interest. They started binge watching drum corps shows during the pandemic, and they were hooked. When the tour started competing again in 22, they was in attendance. 

Courtney has brought new fans to the activity thru her channel. I personally thank her for that. 

• Like 7