Santa Clara Vanguard 2024... All discussion on SCV here!

4 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I know.  I was being sarcastic to a dopey take on people wanting know what was going on with SCV.

I should have been a little more probing about where I was giving money in retrospect. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2024 at 9:57 AM, DFA1970 said:

Their website calendar does not detail much like camps. No spring move in dates ect. 

I believe it’s May 24th, but not 100% on that.

Posted (edited)

☺️

I knew that when I said donors

2 hours ago, LabMaster said:

I know.  I was being sarcastic to a dopey take on people wanting know what was going on with SCV.

Edited by GUARDLING

Iirc there was a new set of 990s that was due in March or April.  Do we know if they were filed, & what they said?   Calling Richard Lesher. 

Would be nice to get a warm fuzzy that they have enough $ for a successful 2024 tour (success means everyone fed, safe transportation, no member abuse). 

59 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Your disgust towards SCV is obvious.

I thought it was funny. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I thought it was funny. 🤷‍♂️

Agreed. A little harmless, tongue-in-cheek jab. I don't think Greg as a former direct competitor of SCV has anything but respect. I was fairly PO'd at them myself for quite a while this winter and questioned my own fandom, but with signs of recovery and some positive news out of SCV have toned that down substantially.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Iirc there was a new set of 990s that was due in March or April.  Do we know if they were filed, & what they said?   Calling Richard Lesher. 

Would be nice to get a warm fuzzy that they have enough $ for a successful 2024 tour (success means everyone fed, safe transportation, no member abuse). 

Sometimes it’s hard to get access to them in a timely manner unless the org itself sends them to you. 

One typically has to rely on the data collection sites out there to get the latest filings and upload them. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

1 hour ago, DFA1970 said:

Your disgust towards SCV is obvious.

I recall @greg_orangecounty being pretty supportive of SCV during the past two years while being willing to call them out where they fell short. Unfortunately, SCV opened themselves up to this kind of ribbing and tough love when they got far sloppier in their non-profit housekeeping than we expect from a 50+ year old organization that is a marquee name. But I believe there is a lot of affection and goodwill for SCV even from its toughest critics.

• Like 7