2016 Prediction Thread

Cavies break top 5

That looks more and more plausible! Having quite the season!!

Saw the Cavaliers in Dubuque, I was not that impressed. someone needs to put a stopwatch on the horn line to see how much they actually play.

Edited by alvinpr89

Saw the Cavaliers in Dubuque, I was not that impressed. someone needs to put a stopwatch on the horn line to see how much they actually play.

Their visual is very impressive. I personally don't have an issue with the amount of playing their horn line does.

• Like 1

as long as we do the same for everyone - including Coats ;-) and BK and several other top corps

the downtime is becoming quite interesting for some of these programs

• Like 3

Just did. From a video on 6/26, the hornline played for 6 minutes and 8 seconds (6:08), ish. I counted full sections playing, but not solos.

• Like 1

Um, why would a reality show influence the judges?

Possibility of getting your mug on TV. Really doubt it will have any effect. Funny that this showed up just now. Was at the production company for the "Real (as if) Housewives of _____" this morning on business.

Edited by BDCorno

Just did. From a video on 6/26, the hornline played for 6 minutes and 8 seconds (6:08), ish. I counted full sections playing, but not solos.

Wow. But this is not just the norm for them. I think most corps hornlines don't pay very much anymore. Kind of sucks. No melodic development what-so-ever.

Wow. But this is not just the norm for them. I think most corps hornlines don't pay very much anymore. Kind of sucks. No melodic development what-so-ever.

That might be overstated a bit, but for sure you don't hear the full corps playing nearly as often as back in the day. The activity as a whole is heavily, heavily slanted toward visual aspects.

That might be overstated a bit, but for sure you don't hear the full corps playing nearly as often as back in the day. The activity as a whole is heavily, heavily slanted toward visual aspects.

Truth be told. Staging has become much more important than the drill.