Teal Sound Ends Tour

I'm with you. Made it through winter camps, and most of move-ins, before an injury sent me home, and now someone else is in my spot, and I have to watch them perform my drill every time I watch a show, and it sucks. You do feel robbed of the experience

Those feelings are absolutely understandable. However, the situations are different. These kids are able to march right now, and it is the organization that has "been injured" and gone home. If they are still willing to march, and are able to, there is no reason they shouldn't be given a chance to march.

That being said, if I'm not mistaken, an individual can fill a hole at any time as long as the director of the corps that individual was willing to sign a waiver. Can someone verify that? If a member was injured and went home from his corps, and after his corps filled his hole, he was able to get healthy enough to march, I can't imagine that the director of his corps would refuse to sign the appropriate paperwork to allow that to happen.

Saw them as well in Chambersburg. They had a good show and nice sound. This is a shame. I hope for the best for everyone involved.

A corps folding is different than getting injured. If someone gets injured, they will march the next year and just keep getting injured. I've seen it happen. Some people are just prone to injury. Then they could just keep petitioning to march.

Well, they can't continue marching if they are injured during their age-out year, can they? At least not in the Jr. Circuit.

Edited by skajerk

I think that's what the contract is for--to keep you from joining another Corps mid-season. But if the entire Corps folds, then I'm hearing the contract is void and you're free to find another spot.

This is going to be interesting to see how this plays out with regard to members moving to other corps. Procedure would have to be the following

All Teal members would have to return to Jacksonville and turn in all their equipment. Then they would have to apply for an open spot, best estimate there are no more than 20 open spots (no percussion) in the remaining world class corps. If they are a minor they need parents signature before they could sign with another corps.

If you are a corps director wanting to insure that you are covered with holes filled and alternates you pick over the carcass of Teal offering alternate spots with dues waved but new members needing to prove that they have spending money for the rest season. What DCI is probably telling the corps is if you have open seats on your buses fill them with Teal members. You have already budgeted food for that seat so there is no real additional costs involved.

If you a Teal member is it going to worth the hazzle especially if you have a boyfriend/girfriend in the corps.

Edited by dcifanforlife
  • Like 1

Doesn't seem different to me, since I'm missing my age-out because of an injury. Both were incidents out of the member's control, so if DCI were to create an exception for one, they'd have to create an exception for all.

Well Im sorry that happened to you but that is on an individual basis. We are talking about an entire corps. DCI could easily make a rule saying that "If the corps you are marching your age out year with folds, you are granted an extra year of eligibility to march with a DCI corps." ....something like that.

• Like 1

This is going to be interesting to see how this plays out with regard to members moving to other corps. Procedure would have to be the following

All Teal members would have to return to Jacksonville and turn in all their equipment. Then they would have to apply for an open spot, best estimate there are no more than 20 open spots (no percussion) in the remaining world class corps. If they are a minor they need parents signature before they could sign with another corps.

If you are a corps director wanting to insure that you are covered with holes filled and alternates you pick over the carcass of Teal offering alternate spots with dues waved but new members needing to prove that they have spending money for the rest season.

Spots are very limited in World Class, sure, but what about Open Class? What about DCA? Some of these kids can find a home, and I hope they do.