TOC - Warrensburg MO

REGCQT4.gif

A few tips to help with the feed:

1. If you're using IE, make sure you've upgraded to IE11. Previous versions = older codecs = streaming problems. I've using IE11 over wifi, no problems. Also, make sure all "toolbars" are uninstalled/off. There's not a single tool bar with the crap it causes you.

2. If using Chrome, as mentioned incognito mode will be the most stripped down way to get to it.

3. If you have a Chromebook, I'm sorry. Please buy a real computer. (The flame wars will start in 3, 2, 1...)

4. IF you have a lot of devices on your WiFi network (don't forget to count the phones, the tablets, the Xboxes, the roku's etc.), consider an ethernet connection for the streaming or disconnect some of those items. Even in the best case scenario (5GHZ WiFi router) your network speeds will still be half that of wired. (Only exception here is you're using your 4G LTE connection as your internet hotspot).

99240-youre-welcome-gif-SNL-Jimmy-Fa-gPI

it's July 14th. lots of shifting to come

I hate to think this way - but this is the second time this year (?) this has happened and it is very out of line with the other readings...

Coats got a little hosed by drum & guard judges tonight. Not seeing these gaps.

I feel SCV's GE score was a bit too high. Bloo guard a bit too low....Feel like Bloo, SCV and Crown should be a bit tighter. Cadets and BD are clean---love their music, drill is a snooze fest

That is my .02 cents...

• Like 2

REGCQT4.gif

A few tips to help with the feed:

1. If you're using IE, make sure you've upgraded to IE11. Previous versions = older codecs = streaming problems. I've using IE11 over wifi, no problems. Also, make sure all "toolbars" are uninstalled/off. There's not a single tool bar with the crap it causes you.

2. If using Chrome, as mentioned incognito mode will be the most stripped down way to get to it.

3. If you have a Chromebook, I'm sorry. Please buy a real computer. (The flame wars will start in 3, 2, 1...)

4. IF you have a lot of devices on your WiFi network (don't forget to count the phones, the tablets, the Xboxes, the roku's etc.), consider an ethernet connection for the streaming or disconnect some of those items. Even in the best case scenario (5GHZ WiFi router) your network speeds will still be half that of wired. (Only exception here is you're using your 4G LTE connection as your internet hotspot).

99240-youre-welcome-gif-SNL-Jimmy-Fa-gPI

This totally reads like my 72 year old mother paraphrasing something I told her to the sales person at Best Buy when she doesn't believe me. It's not exactly wrong but it sure as he'll isn't right.

I've always like them musically, but the fresh approach to visual design is a step in the right direction. I know it's easy for Coats fans and alumni to be hung up worrying about this year, but they need to consider the long-ball. They are setting themselves up really nicely for future success.

Definitely a step in the right direction. A good model for this might be Star's 1990 show. It was incredible show and put them into a position to take it all in 1991.

• Like 2

I am not going to comment on how much Coats are getting hosed this year... I am not going to comment on how much Coats are getting hosed this year... I am not going to...

But the Coats are getting hosed this year.

Lets be honest, we aren't ALL idiots. Some of us could judge a show perfectly fine. Most of us have a lot of experience in this activity. We are not blind, nor are we deaf. A very large majority of us believe that Coats should be scoring better. It has already been pointed out the dramatic drop in their scoring when DCI switched to younger judges back to the old farts. That should tell us something right there.

This is clearly, and obviously at least a top three show in comparison what else is being put on the field right now.

Go ahead and argue with me... that's fine. I know this activity. I know what is dirty and what is not. I know what sounds good and does not. And when this many people are in an agreement that a show, regardless of who is performing it, should be scoring better, then yes, the very tiny minority that is not agreeing with it, should figure it out.

I hate to be this blunt, and frankly rude about what is happening, but DCI is not growing any faster when it continues to judge any group this far off.

The Bluecoats have payed their dues, it is the fan favorite, the design is impeccable, and the performers are performing at a very high level. Its time they get the respect from the judging community that they have clearly earned, just as they have earned it from the fans, including myself... a former Bluecoat hater.

Boom.

Edited by TubaJon
  • Like 5

Plus, you have SEC-Class facilities at Mizzou that are empty during the summer...

SEC? Jesus has that plague of band wagon Mizzou fans come ashore on DCP now? Just like A&M, a couple years in the SEC and now they refer to things as "SEC-class". Lord knows Texas, Michigan, Notre Dame, Baylor, Penn State, USC, Oregon, Oklahoma, BYU, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Stanford, etc. have "second class" facilities. Or should I assume by "SEC-class" you mean paying their players, recruiting violations and embarrassingly low graduation rates?

• Like 3

This is clearly, and obviously at least a top three show in comparison what else is being put on the field right now.

Go ahead and argue with me... that's fine. I know this activity.

Well geez. I was considering chiming in, but I don't see the point since you know this activity and all.

• Like 1

I am not going to comment on how much Coats are getting hosed this year... I am not going to comment on how much Coats are getting hosed this year... I am not going to...

Lets be honest, we aren't ALL idiots. Some of us could judge a show perfectly fine. Most of us have a lot of experience in this activity. We are not blind, nor are we deaf. A very large majority of us believe that Coats should be scoring better. It has already been pointed out the dramatic drop in their scoring when DCI switched to younger judges back to the old farts. That should tell us something right there.

Go ahead and argue with me... that's fine. I know this activity. I know what is dirty and what is not. I know what sounds good and does not. And when this many people are in an agreement that a show, regardless of who is performing it, should be scoring better, then yes, the very tiny minority that is not agreeing with it, should figure it out.

I hate to be this blunt, and frankly rude about what is happening, but DCI is not growing any faster when it continues to judge any group this far off.

The Bluecoats have payed their dues, it is the fan favorite, the design is impeccable, and the performers are performing at a very high level. Its time they get the respect from the judging community that they have clearly earned, just as they have earned it from the fans, including myself... a former Bluecoat hater.

Boom.

While I really really really want to agree with you, I'm going to disagree. When Coats came out firing on all cylinders early on in the season, I definitely thought this show was a medal contender. I still think it can be, but the corps seems to have hit a rut in terms of execution.

The trick is, with a show like Tilt, or any other more cerebral kind of show, its a lot harder to generate emotion and obvious effect beyond the cleverness of the design. This means that in order to really generate a ton of effect, you have to execute beyond all question. Its absolutely doable. The Blue Devils have done several shows of that nature. The major effects in the show have to come from excellence. Coats haven't gotten there yet. For what its worth, I think Crown is suffering from similar issues. What made that show click last year was the development of the love story.

That being said, I'm NOT advocating that every show should have a story. I think Coats' show can work just fine the way it is. But they've got to be near perfect to make it happen. In the effect category, you can get away with a lot more dirt if you have a show that generates a serious emotional reaction (Spartacus for example). This fact is why you tend to see more shows written around some kind of narrative or through line.

I love that Coats have decided not to go that route. Its absolutely my favorite show on the field this year. Right now, however, its not a clear medalist. Its definitely a contender, but the beauty of it is, there's still time left in the season. A lot can happen in three weeks.

• Like 5

Boom.

And just like Boxer, they need to be sent to the glue factory. (shameless BAC plug) I'd just hate to generalize, but what the heck...it does seem rather predictable when the older judges come to evaluate that they tend to place corps in predictable patterns. It'd be interesting to see how each judge's scoring tends to average for each corps and see if there are any correlations, i.e., does judge A always or nearly always place corps A between corps B & C each contest, each year?

• Like 1