Epiphany: Phantom should do New World in 2016!

Perhaps a zombie show featuring all those they have killed in the past?

Hah. Id actually like to see that

NWS does not lend itself to the 'chop shop' style of arranging prevalent in most of todays shows. I'm not sure I would want to hear it edited in a fashion to make it acceptable today.

• Like 2

Perhaps a zombie show featuring all those they have killed in the past?

Hah. Id actually like to see that

This is the kind of thing that makes me lament the loss of VK again.

I'd love to hear a 2016 version of NWS.

Mike

Only if they kill someone

http://corpsreps.com/corpsreps.cfm?view=SongSrch&Song=New%20World%20Symphony

This is why I think Phantom Regiment should definitely not do this piece of music for a long time.

Please pick something new. Pardon the pun?

• Like 1

Okay to make us all happy (the pro and anti rehash groups) how about this: in the pre-show, give us a Rockford File. That would warm up the crowd yet not be part of the adjudicated show

I wouldn't mind a redo of "The New World Symphony." It's been a long time.

To me, however, I'd like to see Phantom Regiment do something unique and different, yet with a hint of classicism in the style. I would love to see them take on the music of John Williams. That's right, John Williams. Phantom's brass sound and those white uniforms along with Williams' majestic, punctuated, and dramatic scores would be amazing. They'd likely have to beg for permission, but a show featuring Empire Strikes Back would be bold, big, dramatic, popular, and very Regiment. Permissions would be difficult, and many would consider the story hokey or cliche, but with all the Star Wars popularity due to a movie on its' way and Disney expanding both parks with Star Wars attractions, this would be a bold and risky move by Phantom. Definitely outside the box. :)

no no no. Jursassic Park. I can see the giant dinosaur prop now . 014843-retro-green-floral-icon-animals-a

Okay to make us all happy (the pro and anti rehash groups) how about this: in the pre-show, give us a Rockford File. That would warm up the crowd yet not be part of the adjudicated show

There is no such thing as a warm up in DCI anymore. It's now a segue. Warm ups, as a way to "warm-up" and pump up the performers and the crowd, aren't cool anymore.

Heaven forbid a drum corps get a little over raucous and cause a little unnecessary pre-show excitement to get everyone's blood pumping.

I remember when the goal of DCI corps wasn't to field a Broadway show, ballet, etc., it was a competition that had qualities and elements of a show, ballet, etc. and that really wasn't that long ago. It was like a football game between rivaling schools, but without pads and helmets. Although, sometimes they would have been nice to have. Somewhere along the line DCI became civilized.

Edited by Land_Surfer