Tour of Champions Massillon, Ohio 8/8/16

Two different stadiums. Tomorrow's show is at Paul Brown Stadium - not where the Hall of Fame Game is being played.Dang

Dang it, rookie mistake. Thanks for the fix!

• Like 1

I can't wait for this show! It's a little bittersweet because I marched for a few weeks this year and this would have been my home show. Oh well, still can't wait to see all the corps! One of the people I'm going with has never seen drum corps, so this will be pretty awesome for her.

They canceled the HOF game? Wow!

That cost somebody some money!

+++

And yes, years ago we used to have our drum corps show at Fawcett Stadium, but years ago they kept the tradition of a drum corps show as part of the HOF week celebration but they moved it to Paul Brown stadium, which has turf.

The old stadium was actually pretty good for the fan had steep press box side seats so you could really see and hear the corps in all their glory.

Tiger Stadium is awesome for drum corps, though.

Edited by wvu80

And the "poor field conditions" was the paint they used to put in the logos in the end zones and mid field. So even if the show was at the hall of fame stadium, it would be something they could probably fix. But that's a moo point, as already noted.

The NFL cited George Hopkins in its ruling about field conditions.

• Like 6

The NFL cited George Hopkins in its ruling about field conditions.

:spitting:

• Like 2

This is a great place for drum corps, with LOTS of parking.

There is a huge parking lot right beside the stadium and its free I think. Staff will direct you for parking here, it's where the school buses park. On the other side of the stadium is a park right beside the school system.

The school grounds are huge and it's located directly beside a park where the corps warm up, all very close to the stadium. You can park on the grass of the park roads. My suggestion is to make sure your car is pointed OUT so it's easy to leave. There are three roads that will get you away from the school.

The parking lot is to the right of the stadium. On the left you can see the Paul Brown Dr SE where you can park.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Paul+Brown+Tiger+Stadium/@40.7928491,-81.5017221,587m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x8836d81131d89af1:0x90726faffae2c31c!8m2!3d40.7937909!4d-81.5000887

Any idea on how early parking will be open? Taking a half day at work to make the trek up from Central Ohio and hoping to catch some lot action!

I'll be there. Can't wait. Wearing white tomorrow night. :)

I'll be there. Can't wait. Wearing white tomorrow night. :)

Mrs. Lancer, a friend who has not seen a show in 20 years and I will all be wearing white, too!