Cadets 2017

I have called it like I saw it on Cadets' shows in the last few years, and I've gotten absolutely destroyed on here. Most of my analysis/prediction was pretty accurate. I am glad that some of the most invested Cadet supporters are treating the design staff and GH with a bit less blind faith than before. Cheerleading bad decisions gets nowhere.

Hoping posters in this thread this season can 1) be free to criticize and 2) not have to.

As far as I can tell, posters in this thread have always been free to criticize. Probably more than any other thread on this site.

• Like 1

i think they've had to be. One is the tv show has shown what a cluster last year was in some regards, plus then you have all the staff deletions/additions making the interwebs go nuts.

and...I think Hop may have realized that sometimes too much early info begats almost inhuman expectations. I'm all for hype and info early since you get so little of it now, nut I think it put them in an almost no win situation.

case in point...when did we learn Bluecoats 2016 music? like what 2 days before the first show? And the theme/concept? the day of?

This has NOTHING to do with why they won.

• Like 3

It may have had nothing to do with the win BUT it certainly doesnt throw things out there for the critics before it's actually seen. You know how that is, especially in this activity. Personally I liked bitd when nooone knew what was going to be, especially the audience. For me it made it way more exciting BUT that's just my opinion. Cadets are always very transparent, even when they change what they are doing often and it certainly hasn't worked for them being like this. Sure some fans like it and excites them and I get that BUT has it done the corps any good? debatable I guess.

Hop said that the 2016 show was mainly about staging. According to Clash of the Corps, the show was a disaster for a good bit of the season. I'm not sure if Hop is going to have the Cadets do what they've always done (to much success) in terms of drill and such this coming season, or if he's going to continue using the method he used last year but try and develop it. Hop seemed really caught off guard by this change and you could tell he wasn't sure if the show would even work. Another thing that might play into this is the numerous amount of changes the show undertook. I'm not sure if that's what made the Cadets fall to 6th in finals this past year or not. I just noticed that this season.

who said won? i was talking about expectations others have

Personally I liked bitd when nooone knew what was going to be, especially the audience.

Not always. In the metro Boston area, you could find out what new music corps were playing by marching in/watching the annual veterans day parade. But, in the case of Ed Denon, he'd have us playing a new song that eventually was played by one of the bands he also taught.

Edited by Ghost