DCI World Champs Prelims - Aug 9, 2018

7 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

The pit is so cool though, and their pit setup which is on the field, not on the sideline serves as a more intimate stage for the jazz singer.

I sure appreciate it.  The boys can play!

Totally appreciate it!  But the sheets don't/can't in the comparison.  They have to know that going in to the design.

What time do finals start Saturday?

3 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Colts could pass Academy tomorrow...

Just back from theatre - 

I think Colts should have passed Academy tonite.  It is way too late in season for crooked files (Do they still teach 'cover down'?), members missing their dot, and interval problems.  The baritones looked like they were marching a hole half the time, and not the other half.  And it wasn't because there was a solo bari going on.

But what do I know?  I am just an old flatus

PS, loved Cadets, Boston, Blue Devils & SCV

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ghost said:

But one judge can kill a corps chances if they seem to be way off based on how that section has done previously.

No system is perfect. Splitting the responsibility for caption awards among three judges, as the current system does, seems more fair to me.

Though I suppose the G.E. caption could be based on just one night, since there are already four judges.

44 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I’m calling it now. We will see one order change in the top 7 tomorrow and one more at finals. JMO 

SCV will increase their gap. Medalist will stay the same but I believe we will see some movement in Crown / Boston / Cavaliers / Cadets 

Don't think bluecoats can catch bd?