Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

Worrying gets nothing accomplished other than raise anxiety levels that will follow the Covid 19 curve if I let it.

We need everyone to participate in the solution if there is to be a sooner rather than later end to this.

There is NO REASON TO PANIC.  None at all.  Stop, look, listen, act as necessary.

We will get through but we need to get serious about beating it.

Well said

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

#### CDC declared me elderly two years ago....

My payback will be when sis hits 60.... 6 1/2 years from now (grumble).

you were old 20 years ago

• Haha 2

i have a sinus infection. if i cough people freak

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

you were old 20 years ago

Longer than that buddy lol 😛

Few weeks back my sister was at my luncheon and allergies were hitting. She said it wasn’t coronavirus and people chuckled. Not a joke anymore by a long shot.

A Word of Encouragement from The Rolling Stones

The Rolling Stones - You Can’t Always Get What You Want (Official Lyric Video) 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i call my 85 year old aunt daily to check in on her. she's fine, a neighbor is getting stuff for her, and she said "i've been social distancing for years, too many ####### idiots out there"yep, Aunt Jo is just fine LOL

Sounds like if she was active on DCP, she would use more XXXXXXX's than you do.

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Local supermarkets setting up first hour for seniors only also. Choice of 6-7am or 7-8am depending on store. I was thinking seniors get to stuff before certain items are gone. Sis reminded me the stores should also be cleanest in morning from overnight disinfecting. (Between the lines was “get your ### out of bed and hit the clean store old guy 😈)

I hope they are thoroughly disinfecting the stores after the germ laden younger hoarders are done buying up all the toilet paper, sanitizers and water.  Water??  If not, the early bird senior special opportunists are getting first crack at new contagions.  It is a lot of disinfecting to do if you're cleaning all supermarket touch points.

• Like 1

File this under “Obviously” -

The Green Bay Packers have extended the deadline to renew/pay for season tickets and single game (lottery system) tickets from March 31 to June 1.

And to think I was hoping this was finally my chance to move significantly up the season ticket waiting list, assuming there was a possibility many may not renew. 

37 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I hope they are thoroughly disinfecting the stores after the germ laden younger hoarders are done buying up all the toilet paper, sanitizers and water.  Water??  If not, the early bird senior special opportunists are getting first crack at new contagions.  It is a lot of disinfecting to do if you're cleaning all supermarket touch points.

Buy a bunch of stuff (home delivery of course), when it arrives let it sit in the garage for 3 days. Problem solved. Might not work so well on the perishables however. I haven’t figured out that part just yet. Perhaps Lysol that stuff before refrigerating. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Buy a bunch of stuff (home delivery of course), when it arrives let it sit in the garage for 3 days. Problem solved. Might not work so well on the perishables however. I haven’t figured out that part just yet. Perhaps Lysol that stuff before refrigerating. 

I think we’re digging deep here.  Hard surfaces are the concern.   https://www.insider.com/food-delivery-safe-during-coronavirus-experts-advice-groceries-meals-2020-3

Edited by Terri Schehr