What is the most pressing issue in DCI for 2023

What is the most pressing issue in DCI for 2023  

101 members have voted

1. 1. With the 2022 season nearing completion, what is the most pressing issue DCI should be concerned with in the off season? There are probably multiple right answers, which one do you feel is the highest priority? Choose one.

• Leadership - time for a change at the top and possible org restructure
    • Competition - re-examine the competition model to help less funded corps be more competitive and promote more fan friendly shows
    • Safety and inclusion - working to ensure performer safety, diversity and inclusion is top priority
    • New touring model - development of a new touring model to help ease costs and promote more regional opportunities
    • Financial stability - cost cutting measures to ensure financial stability and a level playing field competitively

34 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Most corps still have to rehearse in outdoors in Texas tho. Brutal.

Great point!

Texas doesn't have indoor practice facilities?

I know Las Vegas has a bunch, so, maybe corps could rent those out?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Great point!

Texas doesn't have indoor practice facilities?

I know Las Vegas has a bunch, so, maybe corps could rent those out?

Just wondering about affordability. Not one to shoot down good ideas, generally.

I never got to rehearse indoors but it sounds dreamy. Would take the edge off for MMs and staff!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

Based on what? Indy is an 8 hour drive from my home. West Coast is totally out of the question. 

It’s a 10 hour flight from my home in Hawaii to Indy; I wouldn’t mind the West Coast at all. 🏝

Edited by TRacer
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Just wondering about affordability. Not one to shoot down good ideas, generally.

I never got to rehearse indoors but it sounds dreamy. Would take the edge off for MMs and staff!

I'm sure good business people could negotiate with the indoor facilities, especially once the facility managers find out that this could be a recurring thing.

I'm sure the universities in the state could use some more $$.

I dunno, probably something that has already been explored.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Costs because if there are no corps due to money the. You don't have to worry about other things. They need to figure out a better touring model that saves groups money which can lower costs for members. The activity has become who can afford it vs who wants to do it. Also, we are seeing the impact of heat in the south postponing or cancelling shows. I think they may need less shows with more groups in bigger stadiums. That way groups can do less traveling to save some transportation costs. 

My former MM could’ve written this… 

32 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Can you identify which anxiety disorder this Llama is displaying? 🧐 

As a part-time, online trained professional, I can't look at a Llama and deduce the cause of abnormal behavior.  Therapy takes months, sometimes years, to unravel the complex psyche of the Llama.

However, a colleague of mine is a Llama Whisperer.  He would need to be close to the animal to sense its aura, in order to determine what is causing it angst. 

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Continental said:

As a part-time, online trained professional, I can't look at a Llama and deduce the cause of abnormal behavior.  Therapy takes months, sometimes years, to unravel the complex psyche of the Llama.

However, a colleague of mine is a Llama Whisperer.  He would need to be close to the animal to sense its aura, in order to determine what is causing it angst. 

So you can't provide services over FloLlama in either high cam or multi cam?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

This is not just for 2023 but how about maybe every 5 years having finals week somewhere else other than Indy. It was that way for the majority of DCI existence. No reason why Indy is set in stone.

This is a great idea, but not many indoor arenas. Sadly Nashville would be out, which sucks.

• Like 1