Friday, August 12th “DCI World Championship SEMIFINALS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

1 hour ago, Musicman1084 said:

OK, serious question, but how much time/how often were these folks rehearsing for this performance because THIS #### SLAPS!

Did 5 days in Akron in July and another 7 days this week.      Best week of my life! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On cloud 9 after my first time being in Indy only as a spectator!!!  I really did enjoy all shows!! My favorite shows of the night in no specific order:

Troopers!!! This woke up the crowd and was electric. Loved it  

Bloo alumni! Really well done and just a perfect event  

phantom! The crowd loves them whether they have a good season or not,  just a corps we all appreciate. They did not disappointment!! 

bloo! Finally was wowed by this show!

Bac! Let’s get that medal finally! Not as loud as the shows around them but just oh so classy and perfect  

cavies!! Most improved on the year after that unfortunate start! Will move up tomorrow I think   

the singer for Mandarins had an amazing show today. Great job to him. It worked. 

and much love to my 2019 open class champs Spartans!! 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

I love these.

The SCV alumni corps night was great too.  

And Madison Alumni doing the Macy's parade 

That Macys was fun, tiring, and frickin freezin. But to rattle the windows of Manhattan, totally worth it. 

I'm bringing ear plugs for tomorrow. I'm near some speakers, not even directly in front of them, but off to the side; they were out of control and I'm actually worried that I have permanent ear damage because of them now.

I've never complained about the speakers, but 101 dB just for the speakers of someone talking is too loud. Funny thing is so many people around me were wearing hearing aids.

My fiance was furious. This isn't a game, and the levels aren't safe for people in front of those things.

I'm worried that there may be a complaint for the levels. In this day and age, it's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

It certainly help put a downer on my day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

I'm bringing ear plugs for tomorrow. I'm near some speakers, not even directly in front of them, but off to the side; they were out of control and I'm actually worried that I have permanent ear damage because of them now.

I've never complained about the speakers, but 101 dB just for the speakers of someone talking is too loud. Funny thing is so many people around me were wearing hearing aids.

My fiance was furious. This isn't a game, and the levels aren't safe for people in front of those things.

I'm worried that there may be a complaint for the levels. In this day and age, it's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

It certainly help put a downer on my day.

Bloo and BD we’re exceptionally loud! And I was in 400 section.  BAC between them seemed quiet in comparison and it was more speaker volume as a cause not just a louder corps  

Edited by Den8uml
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jasgre2000 said:

Why can't they label the GE-music and GE-visual scores? What's with this 1 & 2 thing? As if the caption wasn't confusing enough to begin with.

the sheet is overall effect. what they do is have one person judge with a visual background, and one music. doubled at regionals and finals week

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

the sheet is overall effect. what they do is have one person judge with a visual background, and one music. doubled at regionals and finals week

And there is no way to summarize that into a short title.  It does drive me crazy, though, because I can never remember which is what.

5 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

Bloo and BD we’re exceptionally loud! And I was in 400 section.  BAC between them seemed quiet in comparison and it was more speaker volume as a cause then just brass 

It was definitely the speaker on the 25, right side for me. I left after Blooo to recover behind the stands.

I feel so horrible about complaining about this too. We've spent so much money and it's been a pretty miserable day with the event staff, the concessions, and then finally the blasting.

I really love Bloo and really all the corps, but this was even louder than Propaganda.  I've gotten some laughs here when I brought this up ( thanks Cappy and Confused responses) from people, which really puzzles me how inconsiderate that comes across as.

I hate to ruin other people's enjoyment, so I'll likely try to keep "quiet".

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ediblewaffles said:

Does anyone else think nerves are getting to BAC? First ever time in this position HAS to be playing with at least a few moods and attitudes

no. i just think the ending sucks the life out of the show

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Well good news if you don't want BD to win is that next year would be for a 3peat and we know how that goes 😂

no they didn't win in 20 or 21

• Like 1