Friday, August 12th “DCI World Championship SEMIFINALS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

I’m still hoping for a Boston Crusaders victory. Blue Devils are formidable but with yesterday’s overall results and today’s performances show anything is possible this year. BD was in top form tonight. I will have to say those who said their show was poorly designed earlier this season, I have to disagree. It is not 2014 or 2015 (Everyone loves 2014 and for 2015, I taught Language Arts along with Social Studies for six years, I have to love a show where a kid jumps out of a book), but it is great show with memorable moments. That being said, BAC had an amazing run tonight, was on fire, and I was surprised with a tie. Bloo was on fire too, and where the alumni corps performed one of those once in a lifetime shows, they were no doubt pumped up. 

Crown too had a great run, I thought much better than SCV who had a good run tonight. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a corps get the crowd to interact. 

There may be movement tomorrow night. Blue Devils won’t be giving anything away. Boston Crusaders and Bluecoats have pulled surprises at finals in the past, though never winning a title. Bloo winning in 2016 was no surprise. Bloo in second in 2019 surprised me though Bloo does not want to go that route I’m sure. There could be movement between Crown and SCV, but I hope Crown takes 4th. Cadets will round out the top six.

I believe 7-9;will be about the same as tonight. Mandarins will be a tenth. Troopers and Colts may be surprising.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

My hope is that Boston has a great run tomorrow and wins a medal. It would be a remarkable event, both for Boston and DCI. 

I don’t think the medal is what they’re worried about, perhaps what color at this point👀BD Boston and Bloo are a cemented top 3 for me

Edit: also Bloo have infinite “Everyone loved this” fallout karma from their Alumni performance, safe to say they’re prepped for a pretty crazy crowd reaction tomorrow, so is Boston and BD, but especially them👀

Edited by Vidal28Rdg
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

What is it with BAC percussion? Is the lot energy not translating to the field? Because the lots are insane. That wouldn’t explain why they aren’t owning content, though — the battery alone, my goodness. Is it the pit? (This is why I wish we had a separate pit judge!!)

The pit just isn’t on the same level as the battery, and it’s more apparent when comparing to those placing above them. That said, the top 4 are all really great…none of them are bad…we’re splitting hairs here.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, dcsnare93 said:

The pit just isn’t on the same level as the battery, and it’s more apparent when comparing to those placing above them. That said, the top 4 are all really great…none of them are bad…we’re splitting hairs here.

Yeah in their defense these top tier pits are extremely good this year. Really remarkable writing and performance all around, and so much personality. 

In drums, BD beat SCV by .3 last night.  SCV beat BD by .1 tonite.   So, SCV would have to beat BD by .3?  Sat. to take the trophy.   That would be very tough.  Jeff Ausdemore is judging drums on Sat.   What are his spreads between BD and SCV for the last month?   That should give a good hint as to what's likely to happen.

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

I love these.

The SCV alumni corps night was great too.  

And Madison Alumni doing the Macy's parade 

Actually look up Madison alumni corps performance in Madison from dci 2006

9 minutes ago, ediblewaffles said:

Does anyone else think nerves are getting to BAC? First ever time in this position HAS to be playing with at least a few moods and attitudes

No. Last Friday in Allentown BAC had a bit of the jitters. A few days earlier they had an amazing run in Glassboro, NJ but Allentown was not as strong.  Tonight BAC was pretty close to flawless, the same could be said about Bloo. The issue is BD was on top of their game too.

Just now, Tim K said:

No. Last Friday in Allentown BAC had a bit of the jitters. A few days earlier they had an amazing run in Glassboro, NJ but Allentown was not as strong.  Tonight BAC was pretty close to flawless, the same could be said about Bloo. The issue is BD was on top of their game too.

Bloo just has a much more fun show, and the kids are having a blast. It just comes through in the performance. It’s what Bluecoats’ entire philosophy is based on.

• Like 5