Staff Merry-go-round

9 hours ago, inbetween said:

You spelled predictable and boring wrong. SCV and Cavies had the same problem this season. I've seen both of those shows done better, by high school marching band. 

giphy.gif

Edit to add: please note that I'm not using this meme in reference to the context in this Simpsons episode. Merely expressing my original desire to engage this person, and thinking better of it.

Edited by scheherazadesghost
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, kdaddy said:

He may be fantastic, but this is the primary drill set photo he has on his webpage. And for what seems to be a Planets show. C'mon man!

a8c43c_da4b3f0bd5b44c3d9f557bb4831a8c82~

hey i just posted the announcement. i never heard of him

17 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

As I said on the Cadets thread, these two guys did amazing work for Cadets for many years. They will be missed. Big shoes to fill. 

26 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Talk about a "safe" message.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

And the 'Finding Nirvana' ending wasn't one of the most beautiful ending I've ever witnessed in drum corps. 🙄

I guess you didn't find 'Nirvana'? 😁

I watched it in person in Atlanta. Visually beautiful, sure, but the carts they used were so loud when they were being rolled to the center of the field that they ruined any feeling of Nirvana it was supposed to convey 

2 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

13 posts and coming in guns a blazing. Boring safe drill wins but Weber was more entertaining. 

Didn’t even notice they only had 13 posts. A new addition to the ignore list 

And completely agree, Weber fit in with SCV’s vibe a lot better than Gaines has if we’re not looking at things from a purely competitive standpoint. There’s no doubt that Gaines’ safe and borderline boring approach to visual design provided better competitive success for SCV but his design with SCV is a far cry from the adventurous and visually stimulating designs he had with the Cavies 

Edited by Cappybara
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I watched it in person in Atlanta. Visually beautiful, sure, but the carts they used were so loud when they were being rolled to the center of the field that they ruined any feeling of Nirvana it was supposed to convey 

Suppose to be good for prop wheels & joint pain as well...

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 2