2016 Prediction Thread

I don't hate the crossmen but I didn't like the show design. Did they do a great job with what they had? Absolutely. Is it some design I want to see them follow every year? Nope. But some groups find their niche and have great success (Spirit with the 3 good years they had in a row)

I haven't really noticed a pattern in Crossmen show design. This year's show was definitely different than last year's, which was different from the year before that.

In my opinion, the tarps and the moving of the pit onto the field to open up a stage in front were really interesting visual elements and the visuals were really thought through and integrated. I want them to continue with that kind of thought and integration.

Whatever the theme is next year, expect another uniform color change because that is how the uniforms are designed.

As the results indicate, the bigger area of improvement is music. Because the music style for the Crossmen has been changing year-to-year, I'm not assuming next year's music is going to even be in the same genre as this year's.

I also believe that as the Crossmen have improved their retention rate has been higher and they drawing more of that rich Texas talent. That is one factor I did notiice this year is that seemed to be more talented across the board. My opinion is that if the design team stays intact, they could very well make a move into that next tier.

I also believe that as the Crossmen have improved their retention rate has been higher and they drawing more of that rich Texas talent. That is one factor I did notiice this year is that seemed to be more talented across the board. My opinion is that if the design team stays intact, they could very well make a move into that next tier.

Agreed

8/14/15 Prediction

1. Carolina Crown

2. Bluecoats

3. Blue Devils

4. SCV

5. Cadets

6. Cavaliers

7. Blue Knights

8. Boston Crusaders

9. Phantom Regiment

10. Madison Scouts

11. Crossmen

12. Troopers

13. Blue Stars

14. The Academy

15. Colts

16. Spirit of Atlanta

17. Oregon Crusaders

I'll make a revised prediction once a majority of show have been announced.

• Like 1

I predict:

1. Bluecoats

2. Blue Devils

3. Blue Knights

4. Blue Stars

5. Boston Crusaders

6. Bones

I predict Blue Devils will not be lower than 2nd place next year and that if they do end up 2nd, they will be less than .5 away from the 1st place corps.

I haven't really noticed a pattern in Crossmen show design. This year's show was definitely different than last year's, which was different from the year before that.

In my opinion, the tarps and the moving of the pit onto the field to open up a stage in front were really interesting visual elements and the visuals were really thought through and integrated. I want them to continue with that kind of thought and integration.

Whatever the theme is next year, expect another uniform color change because that is how the uniforms are designed.

As the results indicate, the bigger area of improvement is music. Because the music style for the Crossmen has been changing year-to-year, I'm not assuming next year's music is going to even be in the same genre as this year's.

but with the success this year will they follow with the same design? Look at BK last year and this year. Success with both so I assume next year will follow same format.

What would INT be without a good feeder Corps ?

So my prediction is that they'll be back next year in the middle of the pack once again.

It will be difficult for INT to top 2015. Who can forget their haunting arrangement of "Sounds of Silence?"

Who told you that? I remember no conflict between the two corps in the late 70s.

I marched from 1974 to 1981 & never once heard anything about a conflict between Crossmen & Blue Stars.

I would like to know how long the BD dynasty can stand. In all of sports and entertainment, has there ever been a more dominant force to be reckoned with? I don't take a thing away from those talented, hard working kids, the teaching, the superb design, the commitment to excellence, but it IS tiresome when BD keeps winning or occasionally settles for silver (since I've been a fan, anyway). I would like to predict an upset to the apple cart next year, but given the young BD this year, I fear it might be mere wishful thinking.

I absolutely LOVED Crown's show this year. Not at first, but it grew on me and it was the only show that really took me on a journey I could feel and I was right there with the story line of the performance. Their color guard was absolutely stunning every night and they brought the show to life. I really wanted Crown to win and thought they had the show to win.

Soooo, I predict that Crown has a chance to win gold next year, but they have to bring their A+ game. BD is just so formidable. Coats, Cadets, you too. Somebody has got to beat them - for the good of the activity.

Edited by luv4corps