Allentown is polite and certainly not a homer show for Cadets. If you deserve a good response, you get it unlike the reception Cadets got from the friendly folks of Cali in 2007.

• Like 1

Is there any truth to the rumor I have heard that, during a finals retreat, one corps played Mary Had a Little Lamb after another competing corps was announced ?

All 7 corps sounded amazing last night. A few people on here know me, and know that I'm not a BD fan.. but that hornline!! wow.. anyway..

I was sitting in front of a couple of older (65+) ladies in the "B" section, row 12 if anyone else was near.. and I'd like to just say a few things to them, an "open letter" of sorts..:

Hey ladies..

Why do you go see DCI competitions? I only say this, because I never saw you smile, or heard a kind word from you, about much of anything last night. You were openly rude, and foul-mouthed, about every corps EXCEPT for the Blue Devils (I'm not harping on the Dev's here, just their fan-grannies)

Ladies, please take a moment to scan the audience around you.. I was there, right in front of you, with friends who are new fans of DCI, and their 7 year old daughter (who LOVED the corps).. You really made a serious BAD impression on them.

Let me just remind you of a few of the opinions that you made very clear last night..

"Cadets $*&%ing SUCK!"

"what the hell was that bull&^#$" (after the 'Coats)

countless remarks about corps back in "the" day...

and then during and after scores.. came a 5 minute tirade extolling the abilities of the judges.. including:

"that was the worst $@ing judging I've ever seen!" hollered at the field..

You made it clear to EVERYONE around you, that the Blue Devils were the only clear choice, and also recommended that no one else even bother to compete. That the DCI season would be better off (and this is another quote) " better off being a showcase of the Blue Devils, and everyone else preforming in exhibition"

seriously, I've been to many many DCI performances in my life, both on and off the field. I can regretfully say, that I have never heard anything as violent, and full of hatred, as I heard from you ladies last night..

maybe you were cranky because of the horribly hot weather?

maybe you never got into the corps you wanted ?

please stay home next time.

J

You're very patient.if I saw someone like that I would not be able to restrain myself and say a few words to these "fans".

uh the Pasadena 2007 "event" has NEVER happened in Allentown

the Allentown crowd is polite and respectful, not drunk/high and extremely rude

as the other poster mentioned, the 2007 Rose Bowl final week was a black eye for the whole activity

Wow what a shame. Not cool at all.

Edited by Chief Guns

uh the Pasadena 2007 "event" has NEVER happened in Allentown

the Allentown crowd is polite and respectful, not drunk/high and extremely rude

as the other poster mentioned, the 2007 Rose Bowl final week was a black eye for the whole activity

no offense kind sir, but I have been surrounded by pockets of maroon in Allentown, and have heard some nasty stuff.

Pasadena level? No, and lets face it, a certain corps directors actions (not wanting the hashes, but his playing to the crowd after) helped incite that crowd.

But I have on many occassions in good old J Barely Lit Crum Stadium had some fans of maroon around me that top anything I ever read on RAMD

• Like 2

no offense kind sir, but I have been surrounded by pockets of maroon in Allentown, and have heard some nasty stuff.

Pasadena level? No, and lets face it, a certain corps directors actions (not wanting the hashes, but his playing to the crowd after) helped incite that crowd.

But I have on many occassions in good old J Barely Lit Crum Stadium had some fans of maroon around me that top anything I ever read on RAMD

Exactly! The Donald Trump of drum corps indeed. (sort of)

Perhaps the loss of so many "great" corps over the years, coupled with the possibility that this whole activity could go away, made the entire DCI marketplace a lot more humble and a lot more supportive of anyone who tries to make this work.

Despite (and perhaps because of) all of the G7 stuff, it is very cool to see BD travel across the country to support BAC. I dare say that might not be the case back in the so called glory days of DCI.

I for one truly love how all of you support all of these corps, even the ones who are never very good and never will be. Tells me the activity has its heart in the right place.

G7 will never die.

unless I'm mistaken - you weren't even in the Rose Bowl - so you certainly can't "compare" the best

no one is saying every fan in Allentown is perfectly mannered - but the "crowd" is in general receptive, not drunk, doesn't boo and claps (at least politely) for all

no one is standing up screaming insults and large swaths of the crowd is laughing and clapping in response