OFFICIAL DCI FINALS THREAD

I didn't get a chance earlier to congratulate the Blue Devils for their win tonight. While things didn't turn out exactly how I wanted, you guys are the undisputed champion for 2015. Go have a beer and celebrate...well the members old enough for that anyway...

• Like 1

And i just got home from work, forgot to say:

Congrats to EVERYONE!!! I was SO entertained this season. I'm sad that BD took it from Crown, but I feel like the top spot was an "any given Sunday" situation and tonight BD was better. Grats Coats for grabbing a medal two years in a row. Grats BK on moving up in the ranks. So sad it's over :(

• Like 2

What i find the most interesting is over the last decade, is if we did a top 15 poll on the most complaints about BD, playing to the sheets would be in that top 15. So this guy who started the petition wants the scoring changed, exactly how is that gonna stop BD? They play to the sheets remember?!?! Go ahead and change the sheets or scoring it's not gonna matter. BD will adjust to whatever you throw at them. I wonder if he wanted the scoring changed when Crown won in 2013. Or Cadets in 2011. Or PR in 2008.

• Like 1

This sort of over-exuberance is just a natural consequence of being wildly popular, especially with a lot of really young fans.

I hope nobody uses it to try to bash an organization or the majority of its fans, but I'm guessing there will be some nimrod out there who does.

• Like 1

Late to the party but here is goes....

What a fantastic season. Amazing performances by all! Looked like everyone gave it their all tonight and Lucas Oil must have felt electric!!!

Blue Knights - way to be beautifully artistic in all aspects - even down to the drumline - just gorgeous! Congratulations on cracking the G7!

Vanguard - even with the snafu in the beginning, you didn't miss a beat! You are truly amazing performers.

Crown - WOW!!!

BD - congratulations on your win! Amazing performers and such talent!

• Like 1

Question now is, can they finally 3peat.

I hope so....the B corps did.

The hard thing about three-peating in any competitive activity is getting that third win.

The first one, you might be doing something completely new. The 2nd one, you've got your game down, but others are learning to counter it.

By #3, it's a slug-fest as your competitors might not only have glommed onto your ideas, but added new twists of their own.

The idea of three-peating holds almost mystical significance for some reason...

Yes. there was a penalty involved ( but its part of the scoring ):.. no Corps has gone from 4th in the Quarters to win a DCI Title outright ( no ties ) in a 3 show competition ( quarters, semi's, finals ) in the history of DCI.

nm....misread the original quote.

Edited by 84BDsop

I hope so....the B corps did.

The hard thing about three-peating in any competitive activity is getting that third win.

The first one, you might be doing something completely new. The 2nd one, you've got your game down, but others are learning to counter it.

By #3, it's a slug-fest as your competitors might not only have glommed onto your ideas, but added new twists of their own.

The idea of three-peating holds almost mystical significance for some reason...

I think what will make them have a good shot at it is they managed to win this time with a younger group in what was supposed to be a "rebuilding" year. Should start out of the gate in 2016 stronger and more experienced with faser learning times.

Congratulations also to the Madison Scouts, Carolina Crown as being the only 2 Corps of the Top 25 from last season to move up more than 2 placements positions.( both moved up 3 )

• Like 2