San Antonio Showdown

Facts can be such messy things too :

Olympic Stadium, Montreal Capacity..... 56,040

Lucas Oil Stadium, Indy Capacity............62,000

Are we really doing this again?

• Like 1

Are we really doing this again?

Guess so. It seems to happen periodically whenever someone ( even DCI ) states that DCI is having " record attendance ". DCI could stop this in its track, if it more accurately stated... : " DCI attendance is up over recent years ". That would solve this for good, imo. That said, DCI is certainly on solid footing to state that the " San Antonio Regional has had its highest attendance ever ". San Antonio had no Regional shows until very recently... so that'll work for accuracy sake, imo

Incidentally, where are the 2016 Cavaliers when we could REALLY use them on this ? ( haha!)

Edited by BRASSO

What was the attendance like at Denton? I wonder how successful it is to have shows at both Denton and Dallas - a mere 42 miles and 4 days apart - with at least 2 corps doing both.

Sold out large high school stadium, there were back stands tickets sold as well.

• Like 1

Wait. Does that mean North Carolina is in the North? My head just exploded

Oh, please. I was raised in North Carolina. Y'all knew what I meant.

Facts can be such messy things too :

Olympic Stadium, Montreal Capacity..... 56,040

Lucas Oil Stadium, Indy Capacity............62,000

Olympic Stadium, Montreal Capacity.....

But this is silly stuff to go back and forth about. You have convinced me, many more people watched drumcorps in 1982. It was a more engaged audience and DCI had more money than they knew what to do with. If they were smart, DCI would eliminate the shows in Texas next year and add tons of outdoor shows in New England (choose whichever definition of New England you prefer).

I think DCI is batting about .750 over the past couple of years, and the few misses were mostly out of their control (copyright issues) although some of their communication could have been better.

You think DCI did everything better in 1982. I think we are going to have to agree to disagree.

Regardless of attendance numbers, the corps are super talented, and young people appear to be having a great time...and that is something to be happy about.

Z