NightBEAT - July 29, 2018

5 minutes ago, CCond said:

Bloo has clean feet, clean brass, a very generally effective show, the pace is better than BD, the transitions are smoother than BD, and it gets the people feeling something that BD’s show doesn’t seem to. Bloo taught us all that warming-over the previous year’s design doesn’t do it for the fans, BD decided to try it anyway. BD is clean, not cleaner. They sound good, not better, their show has good moments, but it doesn’t grab the majority by the shirt and say “listen to me right now” the way that Bloo’s does. It’s a shame it doesn’t click with you (personally I feel like you’re really missing out) , but that’s no reason to discredit what they are achieving here. 

BD’s concept is way more high brow than Session 44. There is no question. Bloo’s is written well but not better than BD. Bloo’s conceptual narrative isn’t as refined

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ContraFart said:

Especially since the same argument has been said for a decaf decade against BDs lack of visual demand compared with other top corps

It was truer in some past years than it is now, in my opinion. BD's 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2018 shows have lots of visual demand. Last year's didn't, as I see it, and 2015 and 2018  have visually cluttered designs (although they've made some improvements this year).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

What makes Bloo's visual program harder than BD's? If people make comments like this without details, don't be surprised when others push back. If people make comments about BD's visuals consisting **this year** largely of scatter drill, I'm not sure they're paying attention. Lots of genuine drill in BD's program.

Yeah the scatter drill comments are weird. There's a great high cam video of BD's show out there if you look for it. They're marching formal drill more than any of the top 3

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Meant that there is no rest for the MMs, no in show water breaks for them just a total performance the entire show. I look at it as a form of intelligent design that down the road MMs would ask their staffs for maximum face time with the audience. Pushing design so that if you don't provide that it costs you, just my take not picking winners or losers.

Sometimes I l misinterpret  your thought when reading , I reread your comments a couple of times and generally find them insightful! Thanks for clarifying 

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I never laughed harder than when I read that people gamble on drum corps scores.  Imagine putting your hard earned on that?  Bwahaha! 

There better a point spread & over under or it's shooting fish in a barrel. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Needless to say, I hope you don't!

The constant tearing down of other corps to support why you think yours is better (not you specifically, just in general) is just hard to read.  I hope I never reach a point where I feel like that is necessary.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

What drill? Besides the first 30 seconds and there is no real drill with a few small exceptions. Bloo is doing collapsing boxes at 4 to 5 steps extremely clean

Oh yes they are. That's my favorite part of Bloo's show. I honestly think you need to really try to see what BD is doing next time you see them. There is a lot of demand in their visual program. There is. That's why they are being rewarded. Rotating boxes, and fast speeds are definitely very demanding, but there are other things that include demand that don't involve fast rotating boxes. I can tell you, 2017 and 2018 and have been so much more enjoyable for me, since I tossed my hatred for BD away. Not saying you hate them, but for me, I absolutely did, and was angry most of the season. Good to have that out of my life.

1 minute ago, whitedj2002 said:

Sometimes I l misinterpret  your thought

Thanks I get that a lot 

Just now, DrumManTx said:

The constant tearing down of other corps to support why you think yours is better (not you specifically, just in general) is just hard to read.  I hope I never reach a point where I feel like that is necessary.  

Terri don’t play.  I just enjoy myself.