DCI Southeastern Championship (Atlanta) - Saturday, July 27, 2019

2 hours ago, DonPRBari said:

Okay DCI corps in general:  that’s more than enough of trombones being used as “big, dumb, brass slide whistles.“  I hear more glissandos in one DCI show then I ever played in my 8+ years of playing trombone in school. We get it - they’re  legal in DCI now. Let the instrument have a little dignity.  Am I the only one bugged by this? 

Not a knock on Cavaliers specifically; in fact, this is my favorite Cavies  show since Immortal. Well done gentlemen!

Trombone glissandi are way out of control.  SCV's tb soloist is the way to use it.  I had to dig this up though:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

We can agree to disagree on the judges being a distraction.  It may not distract you but it doesn't mean that it doesn't distract others.

You can't just declare it isn't a level playing field and that becomes truth.  You did make a good case for some books requiring a closer read than others but this "unlevel" field does not seem to have affected the Vanguard.  Would you contend SCV does not deserve the top spot currently because the judges are not on the field?

Because despite the bland color palette and little marching, Vanguard's visual design does a good job staging the battery.  They're also featured to a greater degree than most corps. Makes it easier to get a good read and it helps that they're so freaking clean 

• Like 1

Uh -- Big Pharma has taken over the bar at the Omni. Taking forever to just get a beer. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, CrownBariDad said:

Uh -- Big Pharma has taken over the bar at the Omni. Taking forever to just get a beer. 

Not that I'm suggesting this, but it might be easier for you to get a different kind of drug, considering the company.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

Three times, actually, with co-champs, 1996 (BD and PR), 1999 (BD and SCV), and 2000 (Cadets and Cavaliers).

In all three cases, further review indicates that there should have only been one winner that year. 😎

Thank you for the quick response. What "further review" do you speak of.  Did one of more of the Corps Challenge DCI in that regard?

2 minutes ago, ajlemm said:

Not that I'm suggesting this, but it might be easier for you to get a different kind of drug, considering the company.

Sigh!  Alcohol is my drug of choice.  Too much in my Navy days; teetotaler during my Air Force days; nicely balanced in retirement. Haha!

• Like 2