57 minutes ago, Paul H said:

Full Disclosure...BAC Alumni (76-78).

I see BAC #1 in Rankings, but they still need to beat BD head to head....Hopefully Friday!

Exactly. If you haven't beaten BD head-to-head you ain't #1. At this point, it doesn't really matter. Boston is having a banner year whether they are 1st or 2nd come finals. This is a momentous year for them and it sets them up very well for 2023. I'm very impressed with this corps. 

Don't let scores drag you down. Not saying you are, but I've been there, done that in the past. I remember one year we were continually closing the gap on one of our rivals. Midseason, we got it down to 1 point and we were all so excited. We all throught it would be a few more shows and we'd be ahead of them for good. They beat us by 5 points at finals. 

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I'm upset & really don't understand why you would post something on this subject.  I have never ever understood the purpose of "decaffeinated" coffee.  Even @2am in the morning at Waffle House, I'm drinking the caffeine.  Really upsetting & I'm taking a break...

:spitting: 

(And I don't care what my doctor tells me about caffeine.) 

I'm with you, but if I didn't post it, then I couldn't share one of my favorite scenes in cinema history...

• Haha 2

Prediction: Every now and then a show comes along that captures the hearts of the fans, whether because of it's quality and emotion or the story of the corps and what they have been through. For those special shows the fans reward the kids with a spontaneous standing ovation as they ENTER the field, not just during or after their performance. I predict 2022 Boston Crusaders is going to be just such a show. 80+ years of corps history, a founding member of DCI, survivor of some very hard times early on, steady growth since they first made finals in '99, and now finally reaching the peak of the activity and their first medal. I think the love they are going to feel on the way into the stadium on Saturday night is something we will all remember. And strap in, because if they manage to take the whole thing it's going to be bedlam.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Paul H said:

I see BAC #1 in Rankings, but they still need to beat BD head to head....Hopefully Friday!

I think Friday night will be the night. I’ve been saying that since San Antonio but after last night I am more convinced.

For many corps, but especially corps from Massachusetts, New Jersey, and when Crossmen were based in Delaware County, Allentown seems to be where the best performances, if not always the highest score of the season, take place. 27th alums speak of 1980 as if it was yesterday. I’ve seen performances in Allentown of both Cadets and BAC that are the most memorable of the year. Boston Crusaders has a huge fan base, some new comers, others lifelong, there will be lots of alums and alums of former rivals all cheering them on. It will be electric, but hopefully not too electric. There’s a 55% chance of thunderstorms as of now.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

I'm upset & really don't understand why you would post something on this subject.  I have never ever understood the purpose of "decaffeinated" coffee.  Even @2am in the morning at Waffle House, I'm drinking the caffeine.  Really upsetting & I'm taking a break...

:spitting: 

(And I don't care what my doctor tells me about caffeine.) 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47yloh2egdbodmke40m0

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Super Don-O said:

Prediction: Every now and then a show comes along that captures the hearts of the fans, whether because of it's quality and emotion or the story of the corps and what they have been through. For those special shows the fans reward the kids with a spontaneous standing ovation as they ENTER the field, not just during or after their performance. I predict 2022 Boston Crusaders is going to be just such a show. 80+ years of corps history, a founding member of DCI, survivor of some very hard times early on, steady growth since they first made finals in '99, and now finally reaching the peak of the activity and their first medal. I think the love they are going to feel on the way into the stadium on Saturday night is something we will all remember. And strap in, because if they manage to take the whole thing it's going to be bedlam.

As I shared earlier in this Thread, the 2000 Crusaders felt this love and support from the activity as well. We got a Standing O while waiting for the Live Show Production before the top 5. 

We felt like Legends then, I'm sure these Giants are walking above the clouds everyday.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

Laundry detail gonna have its work cut out for them before Indy.  (Though if corps are smart, they order extra pants when placing their orders these days) 

Is there a trophy for cleanliness?  I always see folks talking about "cleaning this and that in the show" 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Paul H said:

Absolutely agree. They have NOT beaten BD yet or even ever...

You folks know that there is at least one fool on this site who plans to crash BAC rehearsals next week, right?

• Sad 1