Phantom Regiment troubles?..

On 12/17/2021 at 6:11 AM, keystone3ply said:

Shirley in the year 2022 the corps have adopted safety training & rules governing the use of props for all students, staff, & volunteers.  (And don't call me "Shirley"; see video.) :spitting:

I know there are policies in place for broadway tours, concert tours, & the traveling "carnivals".    

Broadway tours, concert tours carnivals would all fall under OSHA’s purview.  

• Like 1

On 12/18/2021 at 4:00 PM, Continental said:

I hope the OHSA has standards covering the safety of percussionists....

probably not, they blame us for everything too

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

"And now presenting their 2019 program 'Slip and Slide Dreams,' from Santa Clara California..."

wpagzju83la31.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

tarps on the field have generally underwhelmed and have created some wipeouts. it works indoor because it's a flat surface. fields aren't.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

That one was really shiny. The glare…  the ones that made me super nervous were the ones Seattle Cascades had in 2018 or 19 I think.  Kids were tripping over them left and right.  Horrendously bad idea and had my stomach in knots for ten minutes. 

Trippers - I mean Troopers - had similar experiences with the tarps.  If memory serves, it was their 2017 show that made the most prolific use of them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

Trippers - I mean Troopers - had similar experiences with the tarps.  If memory serves, it was their 2017 show that made the most prolific use of them.

Those tarps were a tragic design choice. They really took away from what I thought was a good show. (The transition into Nessun Dorma was some brilliant arranging. The Rennicks and Bocook?)

Edited by Brian Tuma
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Ahhhhh, the Twister on a football field show.  #leftfootblue #rightfootred

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

tarps on the field have generally underwhelmed and have created some wipeouts. it works indoor because it's a flat surface. fields aren't.

I start to twitch thinking of the one time my band used a huge tarp. It was a huge circle that had the Japanese writing for "Qi" on, the title of our show using music from "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon". It was a nightmare to keep flat. Parents had all sorts of duct tape pieces stuck on their clothes as they carried it on to the field for setup, and they tried to tape it down to the turf using those pieces. 

The staff swore "Never Again!" after that experience.

Side note...Tan Dun himself gave us permission to use his music, and only charged us $50. 

5 hours ago, MikeD said:

I start to twitch thinking of the one time my band used a huge tarp. It was a huge circle that had the Japanese writing for "Qi" on, the title of our show using music from "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon". It was a nightmare to keep flat. Parents had all sorts of duct tape pieces stuck on their clothes as they carried it on to the field for setup, and they tried to tape it down to the turf using those pieces. 

The staff swore "Never Again!" after that experience.

Side note...Tan Dun himself gave us permission to use his music, and only charged us $50. 

Ooh.  That's awesome. I've always thought that music would make a great show.