The Cadets 2023

23 hours ago, waliman4444 said:

Didn't Manny march with the Skyliners also?  

Hence the infamous quote from Pepe N. on the bus after a show:" Hey Manny, what's that you're smoking?" Followed by a short but purposeful slap to the back of the head..lol.. Ah, the good old days..lol

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

so those kids may want to march this year. what's the issue?

You will have to ask the people who have an issue with it. 

As I just pointed out, the culture has changed.  Current corps members and staffs do not appear to have an issue with it, so any associated drama is entirely manufactured in (and limited to) online forums.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

As I just pointed out, the culture has changed.  Current corps members and staffs do not appear to have an issue with it, so any associated drama is entirely manufactured in (and limited to) online forums.

The nomenclature of “ring chaser” and “corps hopper” is gone. I don’t blame the members.  If I were paying five large for a season, I’d get the most bang for my buck that I could. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 5

54 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

The nomenclature of “ring chaser” and “corps hopper” is gone. I don’t blame the members.  If I were paying five large for a season, I’d get the most bang for my buck that I could. 

Asked some years ago why people don’t try for a lesser corps if they don’t make the cut of their dream corps:

1) costs so much only worth the $$ to be with the dream corps

2) only have one year to march (for various reasons) so why “waste” it if not in my dream corps

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

I have no issue. Yeah the timing of the announcement could have been a little better but hell from what I hear people knew and were quietly reaching out in both directions ( from several corps) hours earlier 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Asked some years ago why people don’t try for a lesser corps if they don’t make the cut of their dream corps:

1) costs so much only worth the $$ to be with the dream corps

2) only have one year to march (for various reasons) so why “waste” it if not in my dream corps

A young man I know auditioned for one Midwest corps and didn’t make the cut so he told them he was going to another Midwest corps.  They told him TO NOT GO THERE. I told him to go on ahead and go.  It’s a great organization and they’ll take good care of you.  He did and he had a great season.  This was in 2000 so I hoping that’s not happening anymore.  I was so mad. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Since this subject is supposed to be about Cadets' upcoming 2023 season, were there no visitors at this last camp? 

Edited by 2000Cadet

54 minutes ago, CadetDood said:

I was there. I don't want to give away anything about the show, but the brass and perc played through the first two movements at the end of camp. If the show keeps moving in the same direction as the music the corps has so far, I think it has the potential to be one of my favorite Cadets shows of all time. The music is THAT cool. 

Well, that's promising. 

58 minutes ago, CadetDood said:

I was there. I don't want to give away anything about the show, but the brass and perc played through the first two movements at the end of camp. If the show keeps moving in the same direction as the music the corps has so far, I think it has the potential to be one of my favorite Cadets shows of all time. The music is THAT cool. 

As long as it's got a good beat & easy to dance to... 😂

Edited by keystone3ply
cx