hazing/misconduct

15 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

https://pioneer-corps.org/about/pioneer-board.html

I would say contact the BoD but it’s probably Roman’s cell number listed. SMH!

Correct.

• Sad 2

DCI is now doing some kind of fundraiser to finish the season.   

They will not get one dime from me until they fix the member safety issue once & for all

And furthermore, when I am personally asked for a contribution I will be certain to tell them why they are not getting one from me

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, scsudrummer said:

Correct.

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Holy crap!  I think @Brian Tuma was kidding.  ####, the truth IS stranger than fiction. 

Call it anyways. He is obviously the root of all Pioneer Problems, and something needs to change. So many people are quick to say “it doesn’t matter, he won’t listen anyways”, “it’ll never change”, etc... he might not listen, but at least you’ll feel like you did something, and if enough people call it’ll at least annoy him into doing something about it. Call him, call DCI, or better yet, volunteer for a few days to help them these last 2 weeks (you could give him an earful yourself, while helping MMs have a better experience).

I just hope for the MMs that packing it up and going home isn’t the solution to this, that won’t solve the problem. Only one thing will.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/27/2018 at 11:27 AM, Brian Tuma said:

Go to their website and check out the BoD. Two administrative team members also serve on the board. That’s an outrage not to mention not in line with how you run a non-profit. How can there be any kind of accountability for the executive director when he also sits on the board. It’s DCI’s version of a banana republic. 

A few years ago when we had a vacancy in a key administrative position, one of our board members temporarily stepped into that role for about six months.

But she took an official leave of absence from the board for that period.

And we had to report what we paid her on our 990.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Holy crap!  I think @Brian Tuma was kidding.  ####, the truth IS stranger than fiction. 

Yesterday I posted about sending the corps an email to verify they got a check and Roman responded. 

Micromanage thy name is....

• Like 1

I feel bad for the members and that's it. There are other organizations for individuals to get their start in drum corps or begin their journey in world class. The Pioneer organization had its chances and now it seems like they have managed to be the first corps to breach rock bottom. Way too many issues with Pioneer to go on. I hope they can finish the season for the members' sake. The corps is more-than-likely too far gone for even DCA. It's past time for the individual at the very top to let the corps go.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

I feel bad for the members and that's it. There are other organizations for individuals to get their start in drum corps or begin their journey in world class. The Pioneer organization had its chances and now it seems like they have managed to be the first corps to breach rock bottom. Way too many issues with Pioneer to go on. I hope they can finish the season for the members' sake. The corps is more-than-likely too far gone for even DCA. It's past time for the individual at the very top to let the corps go.  

Plenty of other corps have gotten themselves into these situations for exactly the same reasons, and nothing changes.

• Like 3

Got some things clunking around in my head I figured I should share (though they are likely known by the masses anyway).  First, having had a member in Open Class, lower tier World Class, and not top 5, I can honestly say that there is a night and day difference between the three.  From the hard facts, like finances to the softer ones, like attitude of the marching members.  They don't have near the alumni support (if any), volunteer base, or ability to pay for top notch staff.  That being said, there is NO excuse for the type of behavior that has/is occurring nor does that mean that these MM deserve anything less than a wonderful experience.  They absolutely deserve the best experience, in the safest environment possible!  Unfortunately, some of these lower corps are truly in an uphill battle just to put a show on the field.  Pioneer is certainly not the only one.  These corps could use more support in general if for no other reason than supporting the members so they can have the safest experience possible.  In a perfect world, more hands in the pot would lead to more accountability as well.          

Edited by DCIat14
Grammar
  • Like 2