Achin' for Akron/Cinecast

that awkward moment when people say the Cadets brought politics to the field (Which I don't agree with by the way) but BAC did it first. (yeah yeah cadets performed their show a couple days before and this was BAC's debut, get over yourselves.)

Crap I see I was beaten to the punch with that screenshot.

For everyone doubting Bluecoats right now I remember getting 3rd with a 72.? just 0.1 ahead of phantom in charleston, wv while crown got a 76.? at bloos first show in 2010. The next time Bloo and Crown met the spread got a little bit more uncomfortable for crown. Bloo isn't one to come screaming out the gates and finishing well (2007 anyone?).

As far as tonight went I was the Ontario Mills AMC 30 and boy was it loud in there! Speakers almost blew out they were trying to give us volume so much!

Cavaliers-Much improved. Definitely enjoyed this one better in the theater than fn.

Madison-Trombones sound great! Some cool stuff in there but somethings missing besides their closer.

Boston-I love this show! Dark shows are my cup of tea. I hope this pulls ahead and challenges the top 6 once they get the guard's masks and tosses figured out.

Phantom-Not sold on this one. I feel like they keep trying to rehash their story telling shows now. I enjoyed Turndot and Juliet but these last two have been a miss for me.

Cadets-Strong showing from them this early just like last season. But it's an even year and they haven't medaled in an even year since 2002. But they've never had this great of a show during an even year since 2002 either.

Crown-Low brass playing high brass and sounding like that is ridiculous! So many notes and tonguing that would make any woman happy :silly::shutup:. Changes are coming to make it flow a lot better that's for sure.

Bloo-I may have to be content with knowing that I will have been part of the 2nd best Bluecoats to grace the field (2010). I teared up during the ballad and it's barely June! The waterfalls are going to be coming in August that's for sure

• Like 5

I detest Cadet's narration. I detest the narrator's little cream tux. Awful. I detest his incessant entrance and exit. Very distracting. I strongly dislike his slightly-too-earnest delivery. I'm sure he's a wonderful human being, but his delivery makes me want to jump out of my skin.

I would probably hate the narration less if I didn't like the music and all other aspects of the performance so much. If it weren't for the narration, I would be rooting for this show to win it all. With narration, I don't know if I can sit through it again.

• Like 4

Some excellent drum corp shows at the top this year, then add SCV and BD in the mix, and what a horse race we have in store.....can hardly wait to see what happens with percussion judging on the field to reward sanitary execution.

dear Madison: Good to see you back to some of your roots. Love the classy dress white uniforms, really, they look great. But for the love of your show and for the benefit of we the audience, please just do away with all of the leg choreography. Some corps do it very well, despite the fact that it is often over-indulged to the point of being hyperbolic (if that is even possible in such a context); it is always distracting. Yes, I know it is early in the season and it will potentially clean up, but it is incredibly distracting to your show. And not something that Madison is known for. Just clean up the drill and play the hell out of that book which could and should be a fan favorite.

Mostly agreed, though my dislike of Madison's bodywork was "no, please don't Madison, it's not you".

• Like 1

I think the announcers made a valid point (at least for me) about the brass rule change: percussionists get to play whatever they want, the guard can spin whatever they want, so why restrict the brass musicians? And, yes, I play trombone.

Great venue in north Georgia. Theater almost full--several Corps represented. I was with a group of recent FMM from Crown. The sound and picture were GREAT. All the shows got applause once everyone figured out it was ok to clap and cheer.

The only bit I wasn't so fond of was the jazzy/swing portion representing 1920's America. Just not the Cadet style and they had a hard time pulling it off.

Gee, their "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" from 2002 was my favorite part of the show, and I thought they nailed it, at least by late season.

• Like 3

I would love Cadets if they killed the narration and I am not totally anti-narration but I think what they are doing will cost them a chance at a championship because it does not add to the show.

I would love Cadets if they killed the narration and I am not totally anti-narration but I think what they are doing will cost them a chance at a championship because it does not add to the show.

If there's one thing Crown 2013 taught me, it's to be patient with narration because it might just end up working in the end. I felt the same way with what Crown was doing last year, but by finals, they had me. I bought into it. I dug it.

I think Cadets may even have a leg up on the narration this year because I do think it fits more with what they're trying to do. So as long as they can continue to refine it and not add anything unnecessary... They have a tendency to do so if judging isn't going in their favor, taking the "whatever sticks to the wall" approach.