Roughin' It at Rutgers

The over-use of the word "haters" to describe those that don't care for a particular Blue Devils show is troubling. I loved BD 2012, hated 2013 and am entertained by this years program. I have no idea where there their high visual scores are coming from but the concept and execution is flawless. Does that quality me as a "hater"?

I would say no. You phrased your thoughts politely which is not often the case when it comes to Blue Devils,

There are some who blame Blue Devils of everything wrong with drum corps, others who see the so called WGI influence as the ruination of drum corps, and then of course there are those who see DCI as the devil incarnate, and if Blue Devils, WGI and DCI can't be blamed, there's always George Hopkins who gets his share of negative ink.

Crown's victory defused a good deal of Blue a Devil hatred, but my guess is that if Bluecoats should find themselves in 2nd , then venom will start again.

I dislike the word as well, which is why I put it in quotes. Just wanted to pick a word that conveyed "someone who generally does not like the product that the Blue Devils have been putting on the field lately", but that's a lot to type. And now you went and made me do it. Grrrrr

It would be nice if we could have a temporary cease-fire with the use of that word.

For those of you who are doubting George... Watch for yourself...People are losing their s*h*it... Coats GE score should NOT have been 5th...

You can also see from that snippet, why Coats are sitting where they are. The drill is still not clean the way it should be. Watch that "Z-pull" and notice how those lines aren't as straight as they should be. Stuff like that, if were clean, I think would increase their score.

• Like 1

You can also see from that snippet, why Coats are sitting where they are. The drill is still not clean the way it should be. Watch that "Z-pull" and notice how those lines aren't as straight as they should be. Stuff like that, if were clean, I think would increase their score.

That last set that audience and judges are left staring at was plenty dirty too. Nothing they can't fix, but you can't have that in Indy and expect to take the gold.

GE may take into account fan response, but it isn't supposed to be primarily about that. I like coats a lot this year, but honestly, the visual program, like Crown's, has a lot of cool things in it, but also a fair amount of running to sets (in Hymn...) or just perching on platforms, neither of which may have struck the visual GE judge as all that interesting.

At a certain point, perhaps corps whose design is more rigorous regarding transitions should be rewarded more than others who choose to drop form and run to the next dot.

Kinda like BD right? Oh wait...

• Like 3

If you folks would just look at the judging sheets this year you’d see movie cameras get more credit than tarps which get more credit than ramps

Sadly, pillows and trampolines were downgrade but not as much a moving boxes and hamster wheels

It’s not that difficult

As a BD fan i have no problem with the Ott going back to Ft Mill. Crown can be the brass champs and deservedly so. As long as BD is the world champs and they bring that trophy back to Concord.

Very OT for a second, but why do we call it "world champs" when international groups are only allowed to compete open class for now? Calling it world class when only US competes (much like sports saying this) is strange to me.

As a BD fan i have no problem with the Ott going back to Ft Mill. Crown can be the brass champs and deservedly so. As long as BD is the world champs and they bring that trophy back to Concord.

Because that's how the Blue Devils are.

Must win at all costs. It seems to go above everything else the activity has to offer.

Win win win win win.

For those of you who are doubting George... Watch for yourself...People are losing their s*h*it... Coats GE score should NOT have been 5th...

Ok, regardless of how cool that is, and how much people (including myself) tend to enjoy that moment, I do not believe that it adds much to the GE of the show.

All they do is stand there and do a couple of body movements, while playing very loudly.

It doesn't even look like those boxes are 100% clean, either.

It almost looks like a weak spot in the show.

It's almost a let down moment, when you are waiting for the show to culminate and they don't do anything except blow their lips off on 2 chords.

Any top 12 corps can do that particular section of the show.

Edited by BoyWonder1911