Where is DCI?

Trombones largely successful. True. But the Blue Devils and Cadets must have woke up with the same dream this year.

Best use of trombone this year goes to Crown for Roxanne. Next for me is Bluecoats with the Pink Floyd tune. Cadets initial blast of trombones at the opening is pretty effective as well. BD, a bit overused with the refrain - but that's me. Others seem to really dig it.

As for French Horns, Cadets certainly don't disappoint. The use of frenchies seems to be a little less popular, but so far so good. I'd give the nod to Cadets on this one.

Are they doubling up the french horn parts with synth again, like they did last year? I was highly disappointed that most of what I heard in Atlanta was electronic instead of the actual horns.

Are they doubling up the french horn parts with synth again, like they did last year? I was highly disappointed that most of what I heard in Atlanta was electronic instead of the actual horns.

Negative on both accounts. The Cadets did NOT double the horns with synth last year, and they are not this year. Not sure what you heard or are listening to, but this is just plain false.

All in the name of change, DCI is no longer enjoyable to watch or even listen to (not even for free on YouTube). I pray someone figures it out real quickly before the entire activity goes down the tube. If I wanted BOA, I can just wait until band season. Enough will all of the crap talking, singing, 3 value horns, strings, trombones and various other electronics/ musical instruments that was reserved for marching bands.

Yes, I agree with you, as do many older real Drum and Bugle fans.

Nothing at all is going to be done to bring back any of the things that we enjoyed, so you might as well get used to all the Artsy Fartsy stuff, because it's here to stay.

And, none of the current "Marching Bands on Steroids" seem willing to integrate some of the old school stuff into their shows.

This is the first time in many many years that I will not attend a single show. I always go to either San Antonio, Atlanta or one of the smaller local shows, but not any longer. I'm no longer a paying DCI customer because I'm not entertained by what I see on the field.

The Lafayette Louisiana Show is going on as we speak and I'm sitting here right next door in Baton Rouge, but have no interest in driving the 50 miles west. (Not even to get one of my Deano's Hamburger Po-Boy's) Not interested in "Marching Broadway Theater and Ballet on a football......................

• Like 1

Yes, I agree with you, as do many older real Drum and Bugle fans.

Nothing at all is going to be done to bring back any of the things that we enjoyed, so you might as well get used to all the Artsy Fartsy stuff, because it's here to stay.

And, none of the current "Marching Bands on Steroids" seem willing to integrate some of the old school stuff into their shows.

This is the first time in many many years that I will not attend a single show. I always go to either San Antonio, Atlanta or one of the smaller local shows, but not any longer. I'm no longer a paying DCI customer because I'm not entertained by what I see on the field.

The Lafayette Louisiana Show is going on as we speak and I'm sitting here right next door in Baton Rouge, but have no interest in driving the 50 miles west. (Not even to get one of my Deano's Hamburger Po-Boy's) Not interested in "Marching Broadway Theater and Ballet on a football......................

Then why are you on DCP?

• Like 5

The Lafayette Louisiana Show is going on as we speak and I'm sitting here right next door in Baton Rouge, but have no interest in driving the 50 miles west.

That's OK. It seems that when they heard you weren't coming, they decided to cancel tonight's show.

Edit: in the Dallas thread, it's been reported that the corps did give standstill performances in Lafayette.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 1

DCI's attendance numbers would like to speak with those of you who think drum corps is dead.

As a music educator who works with high school band kids, let me say this: the kids love drum corps. I love drum corps. Its still drum corps. Old fogies can either get with the program or stay at home and listen to their 1960's VFW championship records.

Sorry to be so harsh, but I am so sick of posts from people who show up here or on facebook just to bemoan the loss of symmetrical drill and piston-rotar bugles. If you don't like going to shows anymore, I'm sorry that you aren't open to being amazed by what those kids are doing on the field. As for DCI and the corps, believe me, they won't miss your money. For every dinosaur that decides to drop out, twelve high school kids and/or more recent alumni will take your place.

Edited by TroopAlum12
  • Like 2

Always makes me laugh when I see paragraph long posts about how much they have no interest in it, but keep coming back to ##### about it. Lol.

i've said it many times

i don't understand why they direct so much energy towards something they clearly hate

talk about things you love about shows from x years ago. post links. people will watch and enjoy.

• Like 1

DCI's attendance numbers would like to speak with those of you who think drum corps is dead.

As a music educator who works with high school band kids, let me say this: the kids love drum corps. I love drum corps. Its still drum corps. Old fogies can either get with the program or stay at home and listen to their 1960's VFW championship records.

Sorry to be so harsh, but I am so sick of posts from people who show up here or on facebook just to bemoan the loss of symmetrical drill and piston-rotar bugles. If you don't like going to shows anymore, I'm sorry that you aren't open to being amazed by what those kids are doing on the field. As for DCI and the corps, believe me, they won't miss your money. For every dinosaur that decides to drop out, twelve high school kids and/or more recent alumni will take your place.

This post wins the thread.

Many many old fogie drum corps people are doing just that.