Cadets 2017

Sorry X, I didn't read comments by Craiga as being a "definite political agenda" or giving the impression the Cadets horn line might be dismal. He mentioned facts about two kids that were cut by Boston and getting a chance to march with the Cadets. There was no spin to his comments.

dear Boston homer known as Ghost.

Your fellow homer colored his comments by opining a low vet turnout of horns to Cadets camp without qualifying the number of excusals given due to school obligations such as college semester exams which have always been given a priority by Cadets. That is very much a disingenuous agenda. Did he ask admin for facts. No, he opined without them.

• Like 1

There's a bunch of vets on the sidelines NOT marching anywhere waiting to get some clarity to the direction of the Cadets programming. If I'm correct and I think I am, they'll jump in for ST if remaining spots exist. Staff also knows this so taking time awarding contracts.

Just a personal opinion based on discussions here and various camp reports, but it very much feels like this is a transitional year for DCI as corps adjust to deal with, in some cases, radical shifts to programming and design approaches. Add the Cadets' staff changes on top of that and what appears to be a continuing evolution in their visual approach, and I am as excited/anxious to see what the corps comes up with as I have been in many years.

(Paraphrased - "I have literally no idea what they're going to attempt this year, but I can't wait to see and hear it.")

Mike

• Like 1

Wow. I said the Cadets "will be fine" and will have their act "together by June". That's an agenda? Yikes...

Well you did hop into cadetland....LOL

Just a personal opinion based on discussions here and various camp reports, but it very much feels like this is a transitional year for DCI as corps adjust to deal with, in some cases, radical shifts to programming and design approaches. Add the Cadets' staff changes on top of that and what appears to be a continuing evolution in their visual approach, and I am as excited/anxious to see what the corps comes up with as I have been in many years.

(Paraphrased - "I have literally no idea what they're going to attempt this year, but I can't wait to see and hear it.")

Mike

Cadets are in year two of their transition so a bit more promising than some groups in year one with new caption heads. Chemistry takes time regardless of how great instructors are and then their is the development of a new design concept for s given corps. Bluecoats have been very successful finding their modern approach and I think they ride that momenentum for a few years. BD has a successful approach but formula starting to lose some steam but less relative to the corps around them. Crown and Cadets we'll see. Edited by Tobias

The horn line is far from as dismal as Craiga's attempt to skew in his typical Boston Crusader homer fashion.

When one charts the comments on this thread from homers from other corps inserting themselves here, there are obvious political agendas at work, not always factual. Summer will sort facts from fiction.

Perhaps just a little bit over-sensitive? I've not known craiga to have any "agenda" to make another group look bad...does he bleed boston?...YES!!!!!....but saying he has said cadets horn line is dismal ...is just not true and that is a little over the top IMO...That said...I see the fact that cadets are welcoming other folks that perhaps are not a good fit for boston for whatever the reason as a POSITIVE thing...I wish there were spots somewhere for every student that shows up to audition...

Well you did hop into cadetland....LOL

Now Lia . you know for sure ( we discussed ) I agree nothing wrong was said BUT if it were in BAC land the backlash ( for nothing bad really said ) would be off the charts with a few.

My observations are most who have been at the top and even with a slip to a lower spot( that MOST would still love to be in) would be a huge success for a majority. Corps at the top grow a thick skin and I would agree this is nothing . I'm not so sure an intended dig wasn't or was intended but do get how some might think so. One might look at participation in a thread or a hit and run..lol...Big scheme of things do most even care.

Edited by GUARDLING

I personally want to see a solid, enjoyable and creative show that places solid and does well in GE so they don't need rewrites

That's my take as a fan,

George

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2