FLO questions

12 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I am trying to understand the technical reasoning behind why Flo is struggling with the rebroadcasts when their live shows have been largely flawless. 

Did they only reserve a specific amount of bandwidth for the live shows and not the rebroadcasts? I don't think reserving bandwidth is even a thing

It's bizarre to me that the rebroadcasts have been so terrible

Just throwing another theory out there...the rebroadcasts are during the day when internet traffic for ISPs is often higher. Maybe your ISP is failing you a bit?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, brassboy said:

Just throwing another theory out there...the rebroadcasts are during the day when internet traffic for ISPs is often higher. Maybe your ISP is failing you a bit?

That's what I'm thinking since I haven't had any problems with the rebroadcasts.

• Like 1

Anyone watching on a Roku? My audio and video get out of sync after about 10 seconds. Stream will start, fine for 10 secdons and then the video will jump back about 3-4 seconds and from that point on the video is always behind the audio. If I hit "FF" it gives me the 'im doing something circles, resyncs, the does the same thing after 10 seconds.

Works fine from laptop, desktop, fire tv..  Unfortunately, the main place I want to watch is where the Roku is..

it worked fine in previous years. Their support has not been any help on the issue so just seeing if anyone else is experiencing something similar.

lots of complaints about Quincy tonight...wasnt that show a disaster last year too?

12 hours ago, frachel said:

Anyone watching on a Roku? My audio and video get out of sync after about 10 seconds. Stream will start, fine for 10 secdons and then the video will jump back about 3-4 seconds and from that point on the video is always behind the audio. If I hit "FF" it gives me the 'im doing something circles, resyncs, the does the same thing after 10 seconds.

Works fine from laptop, desktop, fire tv..  Unfortunately, the main place I want to watch is where the Roku is..

it worked fine in previous years. Their support has not been any help on the issue so just seeing if anyone else is experiencing something similar.

I'm on a Roku soundbar and it is usually fine, but gets out of sync about once per night. Leaving the app and restarting usually fixes it.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m wondering what my chances are of getting decent coverage in a hotel room, as I will likely be out of town much of the season.  

At home I did Wi-Fi to laptop then hdmi to tv, but I don’t know how good Wi-Fi will be in a hotel or whether the tv they use is likely to have hdmi connections.

7 minutes ago, skevinp said:

I’m wondering what my chances are of getting decent coverage in a hotel room, as I will likely be out of town much of the season.  

At home I did Wi-Fi to laptop then hdmi to tv, but I don’t know how good Wi-Fi will be in a hotel or whether the tv they use is likely to have hdmi connections.

It’s spotty depending on the hotels WiFi. I tried it last week with little success. More luck streaming from your phone on cellular data. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

You would need to bring your own HDMI cable. Depending on the hotel, some hotels have smart TVs that allow you to cast the Flo stream from the phone/laptop to the TV directly

Hope your hotel has good Wi-Fi!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FLO sucks!!!....Re-plays are a joke..For the money I'm paying I should at least expect a flawless production..And as someone stated earlier, the re-play should NOT be worse than the original broadcast..peace

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1