Cadets 2017

Cadets certainly pull in talent but you're correct. Never has been the top criteria for acceptance.

trust me.... a guy i know was a not so hot 3rd sop, and he's on the cd cover.

So I was literally on a NJ Transit train headed to The City from Newark this past weekend and I was looking over at that soccer stadium and said to myself that they should have a drum corps show in there. Looks like it was a prophecy: 

https://yea.org/programs/cadets/cadets/news/1476-the-cadets-home-shows-return-to-nj

This is fantastic in my opinion. That stadium looks great and I hope the sound is as great as Talen. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

That stadium looks great and I hope the sound is as great as Talen. 

These MLS stadiums really bring the crowds closer to the field, so the sound should be great, especially with the overhang to trap sound.  Now, if the field crew can cut the grass a little shorter.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

So I was literally on a NJ Transit train headed to The City from Newark this past weekend and I was looking over at that soccer stadium and said to myself that they should have a drum corps show in there. Looks like it was a prophecy: 

https://yea.org/programs/cadets/cadets/news/1476-the-cadets-home-shows-return-to-nj

This is fantastic in my opinion. That stadium looks great and I hope the sound is as great as Talen. 

It is actually ironic with me as well...I was just thinking about this place in September as being an awesome place to hold a drumcorps show...that obviously would be closer to my area...I am also very partial to absolutely loving talen energy...so I see this move as us northeast fans near NYC winning the daily double :smile:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ghost said:

These MLS stadiums really bring the crowds closer to the field, so the sound should be great, especially with the overhang to trap sound.  Now, if the field crew can cut the grass a little shorter.

So, we have the Columbus Crew, an apparently pretty good team.  You're saying Crew stadium would be a good venue?  Interesting.  Maybe as an alternate venue...

1 minute ago, garfield said:

So, we have the Columbus Crew, an apparently pretty good team.  You're saying Crew stadium would be a good venue?  Interesting.  Maybe as an alternate venue...

They have had shows in Crew stadium before. I was there in 2007 where I got to yell "EUREKA" in the middle of Vanguard's show and everyone turned and stared at me. 

They may have had a show there in 2003 or 2004 as well. I remember seeing Capital Regiment perform in Crew Stadium. It's an awesome venue for a show. I would say in the top 5-10 places I've seen a show..and I have attended A LOT of shows. Great sight lines, great acoustics. Would love for them to put a show back in Crew Stadium.

Z

3 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

I spend time in the area quite often, and my main worry is space for the corps busses, trucks and warmup areas, plus audience parking. Plus, the stadium is on Frank E Rodgers Blvd South...that is the ONLY road in and out of the stadium. When there are soccer events at the stadium, not just the Red Devils, the entire town of Harrison gets tied up in knots.

On the good side, Ferry St in Newark is 5 minutes away, with some GREAT Portugese Restaurants. .

On 12/29/2016 at 4:36 PM, garfield said:

Wait.... Didn't there used to be a show at Mapfre stadium?  

Ok, went and check.  2006 Artistry in Motion at Columbus Crew's stadium.

http://corpsreps.com/scores.cfm?view=scoreshow&showid=2006581

http://corpsreps.com/scores.cfm?view=scoreshow&showid=2009062

(Then there were shows forever at the Old Cooper Stadium for like 20 years.)

Quite a few years in Dublin (Columbus Suburb) too! I think the earliest one I remember was 1992 for Dublin.

Yes, Mapfre stadium seems like a very excellent stadium for a drum corps show.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1