Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

It's a slow Sunday. Women's World Cup match is at half-time and the Sox (as in Red) are not on yet and we've had more rain in the last 12 hours or so than I'll see in nine months back home.

Stop being me. I'm watching the WWC, posting on DCP, and wondering how long until baseball comes on as well since it's too soggy to work the yard out back.

So, this may supply some context: During my last visit to BAC (which was one week ago today), I noticed the brass staff frequently referencing "listening levels" and "playing levels" using a numeric scale...."hornline, these bars crescendo up to a 8 and back down to a 5" etc. In addition, I heard repeatedly the brass staff say something like "this will be a 5 this week, but will be an 8 or 9 next month".

I'm not expert on this, but I've watched this new brass staff in action, and they definitely have their act together. I trust them completely,

And Anstig, just so you know, many of this new BAC brass staff come from the Cavaliers of a decade ago. :satisfied:

Craiga You are right. Thats how the brass staff has been working with the corps. good things to come.

Edited by emc2

The bass drums have their own staff? Or did you mean the contra-bass staff?

Pretty sure he meant brass...

Hey, this is the 75th page of the thread! 75 pages for 75 years of BAC!

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1

The props you see on the field are 12' high with different colors banners. You see one in the above pics back ground (Waldo one). You are going to love the color's on the field this year.

Why aren't the banners on the field yet? Comments from both Akron and Lisle say the poles are empty.

Anybody have any idea what the wheeling poles are going to be for? It was distracting because I kept watching them, but they didn't "do" anything except get moved around.

Have not come in yet.

A staff person whom I spoke with right at the end of move-in told me they were concerned with member safety....the banners are much larger than you might expect. He said they wanted to have the drill nailed before they put them in. They move extensively throughout the show, and at times can block member's lines of sight. They just want to make sure the drill is clean enough before they add the additional element.

• Like 2

A staff person whom I spoke with right at the end of move-in told me they were concerned with member safety....the banners are much larger than you might expect. He said they wanted to have the drill nailed before they put them in. They move extensively throughout the show, and at times can block member's lines of sight. They just want to make sure the drill is clean enough before they add the additional element.

Idk if it's just the way I teach but there is no better way to learn than by reps. More reps = more familiar.